NightVision EA was released on the MQL5 community on January 31, 2021. The robot has been demo downloaded over 600 times. The presentation looks middle informative. Alexander Kalinkin is a developer from Russia who has a 2840 rate. There are three products in his portfolio. He provides signals from two accounts to 214 subscribers.
The system acts as a night scalper on the market. Trading results show that the advisor is far from being great.
What is behind NightVision EA?
The next list has united all required information about how the system functions.
- It works fully automatically for us. We may do nothing in addition.
- The system can work on the MT5 only.
- It executed a scalping strategy.
- Most orders are opened at night.
- “The EA uses a number of unique author’s developments that have been successfully tested on real trading accounts.”
- It can be used on various cross pairs and other financial instruments.
- We can copy trade signals from the system.
- The system should be run on an ECN account.
- We can be safe because the robot doesn’t use the next dangerous strategies Arbitrage, Grid, and Martingale.
- It places SL and TP levels to cover every open order.
- It can work with fixed or dynamic lot sizes.
- The system works automatically.
- It places SL and TP levels to cover deals.
- It closes orders manually.
- The following pairs are allowed for trading GBPUSD, GBPCAD, USDCAD, GBPAUD, EURAUD, EURCAD, EURGBP, GBPCHF, EURUSD, USDCHF, NZDUSD, EURNZD, USDJPY, EURCHF, AUDJPY, and AUDNZD.
- Low commissions brokers are a must for the system.
- IC Markets is a suggested broker.
- The expert advisor uses a scalping strategy as the main one.
- It works on sixteen pairs.
- The details about the time frame aren’t revealed.
The presentation doesn’t include any kind of backtest reports that would convince us that the robot was tested properly. We don’t know what results it could manage to achieve.
The main price is $449 for a copy. It’s insane numbers for a system like this. Subscription options aren’t provided. So, we won’t be able to give it a try. As usual, there are no refunds.
Trading performance of NightVision EA
The system has been running a real account on IC Markets automatically with 1:500 leverage. It receives data from the indicators from MT5. The track record is not verified. The data was modified for sure. The account was created on November 22, 2020. Since then, the absolute gain has become 67.07%. An average monthly gain is 5.98%. The maximum drawdown is 21.81%.
There were 433 orders with 1133 pips traded. An average win is 8.93 pips when an average loss is -12.94 pips. The win rate for longs is 71% and 70% for shorts. An average trade length is 13 hours and 32 minutes. The profit factor is 1.40.
It works with sixteen pairs, as was mentioned. The most pips were obtained on GBPCAD – 197.5.
It focuses on trading before and after midnight.
Monday is the most traded day among others.
The account is managed with medium risks to the balance.
The advisor uses dynamic stop loss levels.
The advisor couldn’t trade smoothly during 2021. So, it must be updated sooner.
The developer provides average support. There’s nothing special.
The presentation includes just several testimonials. People have noted that the system is okay, but trading results don’t match this.