Make earnings with no risk
Automated AI-driven system makes the trades, you earn the money
Join now

Roche Holding to Acquire Telavant Holdings in $7.25 Billion Deal


Roche Holding, the Swiss pharmaceutical giant, has announced a major acquisition in a deal valued at up to $7.25 billion. The company will acquire Telavant Holdings from Roivant Sciences and Pfizer, thereby gaining rights to a promising therapy for inflammatory bowel disease and potentially other indications.

Under the terms of the agreement, Roche will initially pay $7.1 billion and make a milestone payment of $150 million. This will grant the company the rights to develop, manufacture, and commercialize Telavant’s RVT-3101 drug candidate in the United States and Japan.

Telavant was established as a joint venture between Roivant and Pfizer with the aim of developing and commercializing RVT-3101 in the U.S. and Japan. Roivant holds a 75% stake, while Pfizer owns the remaining 25%, according to Roche.

Market experts are optimistic about RVT-3101, an antibody drug being developed for individuals with inflammatory bowel disease. Given its ability to target both inflammation and fibrosis, this drug has the potential to be effective against multiple other diseases as well.

In addition to this acquisition, Roche will have an option to enter into a global collaboration with Pfizer for a next-generation antibody known as p40/TL1A. This antibody is currently undergoing early-stage clinical trials.

For more information, please contact Adria Calatayud.

Activist Holdings

Previous article

Advanced Oncotherapy Nears $80 Million Funding for Light System Certification

Next article

You may also like


Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in News