Make earnings with no risk
Automated AI-driven system makes the trades, you earn the money
Join now

Spirit Realty Capital Inc. to be Acquired by Realty Income Corp.


Spirit Realty Capital Inc. recently announced that it has agreed to be acquired by Realty Income Corp. in a deal worth $9.3 billion. This agreement has caused Spirit Realty’s stock to rise by 7% in premarket trading.

Deal Details

Realty Income will pay 0.762 newly-issued common shares for each Spirit common share. Based on the closing stock prices on Friday, this purchase price values Spirit Realty at $37.34 per share, representing a 15.4% premium over its closing price.

Positive Impact for Realty Income

This acquisition is expected to have a positive impact on Realty Income’s annualized adjusted funds from operations (AFFO) per share. The company forecasts more than a 2.5% accretion to its AFFO per share.

Combined Company Ownership

Upon completion of the deal, Realty Income shareholders will own 87% of the combined company, which will have a total value of $63 billion. On the other hand, Spirit Realty shareholders will hold the remaining 13%.

Expected Closure

The two real estate companies anticipate the deal to close during the first quarter.

This exciting acquisition represents a significant move in the real estate investment industry and highlights the growth potential for both companies involved.

U.S. Stock Futures Bounce Back as Traders Anticipate Eventful Week

Previous article

Carlsberg Announces $142.2 Million Share Buyback

Next article

You may also like


Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in News