Asia-Pacific stocks mostly rose on Tuesday, Oct. 10, with shares in Hong Kong climbing for the fourth session.
Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index
Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index (HSI) increased by 0.8% to 17,664.73.
Japan’s Nikkei 225 Index
Japan’s Nikkei 225 Index gained 2.4% to 31,746.53.
The Shanghai Composite Index
The Shanghai Composite Index of Chinese companies declined by 0.7% to 3,075.24.
The FTSE Straits Times Index
The FTSE Straits Times Index of Singapore stocks gained 1.1% to 3,200.29.
South Korea’s KOSPI Composite Index
South Korea’s KOSPI Composite Index weakened by 0.3% to 2,402.58.
Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 Benchmark Index
Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 Benchmark Index added 1.0% to 7,040.60.
Nikkei 225 Index Constituents
Among Nikkei 225 Index constituents:
- Oil and gas exploration company Inpex Corp. saw the largest increase on Tuesday, as shares gained 8.6%.
- Diversified holding companies firm Sojitz and wholesalers company Itochu Corp added 7.9% and 7.1%, respectively.
- Passenger airlines company Japan Airlines saw the largest decrease on Tuesday, as shares dropped 1.9%.
- Industrial electrical equipment firm Yaskawa Electric and passenger airlines company ANA Holdings dropped 0.9% and 0.8%, respectively.
Hang Seng Index Constituents
Among Hang Seng Index constituents:
- Online service providers company Netease saw the largest increase on Tuesday, as shares added 3.2%.
- E-commerce firm Meituan and commercial/industrial real estate company Wharf Real Estate Invt increased 3.1% respectively.
- Marine transport company Orient Overseas Intl saw the largest decrease in Hong Kong, as shares fell 6.1% on Tuesday.
- Property managers firm Country Garden Svcs and aluminum company China Hongqiao Group dropped 4.5% and 2.3%, respectively.